Re: vacuum for Lucas dizzy

To: "List, Spridget Mail" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: vacuum for Lucas dizzy
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:20:07 -0400
I will do that.

I do believe that it needed some attention anyway.  I did a compression test
this spring and #2 cylinder seemed low.  I don't have the numbers right in
front of me, but I will compare them.  I had hoped to wait until late autumn
to pull it.  This'll most likely be an 'out with the old and in with the
older' fix until I have more time.

Something changed fairly drastically and suddenly.

I would guess that the order of things is to check the compression, check
for proper function under the valve cover, check the timing chain, and pull
the head?

BTW, this is an earlyish 12cc thin flange.  I keep hearing 'cylinder wall
flex' and I am wondering what that is and what the symptoms would be.  And,
the reason that I am wondering, is because I wonder if I should be
rebuilding this block.  I do know from the paperwork, that there is a least
one sleeve installed. ( #1, I beieve )

What are the symptoms of a spun bearing?