Re: More smoke

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More smoke
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 04:48:02 +0100
1500 midgets use just the little "O" ring oil seals on he valve
tems  - but the excuse is of course its a Triumph!
They do work, as they stop oil running down the valve stem, although
they don't seat tight against the top of the valve guide.
First time the valve lifts they push up the stem a bit and stop there.
I guess that not too much oil gets in "sideways" onto that short
length of valve stem, and perhaps the bit that does provides the
necessary lube.

Guy