Re: Best Exhaust System

To: jboatri@emory.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best Exhaust System
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:38:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/2001 2:27:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

> Of course, you can get a flow-through glasspack at Racer's Wholesale
> for under $20 and probably do all right.
>
> In general, don't go bigger than a 2" pipe, something between 1.5 and
> 1.75 ID seems to keep the gas flow up.

I went with the $17.95 17" glasspack from Summit.  Increased from a 1.5 to a
1.75 exhaust pipe.  I love the sound, although it's a bit loud for some,  and
it certainly didn't hamper the performance.  Whether it helped it or not I
can't really say, but I personally think it sounds right.  Plus I get a lot
of positive comments from other people about the good sound of the Midget
('79).  I think mine has the sound, for $17.95 plus shipping, that others
chase for hundreds of dollars.  Ya think?  8^)  Ahhh--there are probably
advantages to spending more money, but that is against Section VII, Article #
13 of the unwritten bylaws of the "We Tight" Club. . .isn't that the one,
Frank?  <G>

--David C.