Re: inner wheel bearing/hub fit

To: "JustBrits" <justbrits@home.com>, "Chris Kotting" <ckotting@core.com>
Subject: Re: inner wheel bearing/hub fit
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:31:49 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I'm certainly no expert in this area. In fact, I have so little experience
in this area, that I can't even imagine one that has so much play that it
could be glued in off center! I don't think I'd even use one that was that
far gone. The only ones I've ever experienced are just barely lacking in
contact force (relatively easy to drive in) that the dimpling would (in my
imagination) increase the contact area all along the surce of the bearing
race. Maybe this isn't the case. I've never actually done this myself, but
was only repeating advice I've heard from others. I had the impression this
was an accepted practice(?). I think I'd opt for the adhesive route if I
were facing this situation anyway.

Anyway, you learn new stuff everyday.

Gerard

--