Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 20:43:37 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ya gotta stop running those Firestones..........................!!!

Ankitterer@aol.com wrote:

Well, Allen, doesn't it sound better to pay for their lack of vigilance than
have
to risk traveling on the roads with those same idiots.  The other day, the tread
on the properly-inflated tire on our motor home separated.  At 65 mph it was a
frightening experience; the tread tore up a great deal of the bottom of the
motor
home and penetrated two layers of metal and plywood, leaving a hockey puck sized
bit of tread just behind my seat.  In this case underinflation had nothing to do
with it--the tire actually was properly inflated when they took it off.  Thank
God nobody got hurt.  The insurance company is taking care of the coach.