Re: putting it back together

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: putting it back together
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:56:16 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Tommy,

One more thing, if you haven't done it already. Adjust the valves before
it's in the car, it's easier to crank the engine by hand to position the
valves than to use the starter to bump them into position. I usually
statically set the timing also.

Also, it's easy to forget about getting the driveshaft one the end of the
tranny before it's all the way in. If you can slip in on while you can
still get you hand through the shifter hole, you'll save yourself a lot
hastle. There are ways to do it if you forget, just a little trickier.

Also make sure any wires or piping is completely out of the way (tape them
down if you have to). It's easy to catch something with the engine and do
damage before you know it.

Gerard