Re: Measurement needed

To: bugide@solve.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Measurement needed
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:44:47 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/01 8:06:20 PM, bugide@solve.net writes:

<< If anyone can get to his/her Bugeye reasonably easily, I need a couple
of measurements.   I'm talking about the 4 screws below the grill that
hold on the big license holder (if you had one).  Anyway, these 4 screws
hold nothing on most cars but I can't read my scribbling as to the
dimensions.  It  looks like they are 16 1/2 inches apart (side to side)
and about 4" apart (top to bottom).  The big issue is how far up from
the lip does all of this start?

Larry:

We make it 3/16" off the bottom edge, centered.  They are 16-3/4" W by 3-5/8"
H at least on our car.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)