Re: Oil Pump Priming, and Synthetic oils

To: rbc43@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pump Priming, and Synthetic oils
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 12:01:28 -0400 FILETIME=[8DF98930:01C11C35]
Roger and All,

I had a Mustang GT (w/ a 351W and T-5)a few years ago that had similar
symptoms using synthetic.
After about 20,000 miles of regular dino juice (Quaker State), I switched to
Mobil 1, 15w40 (IIRC). Shortly after my oil pressure got VERY low, and
occasionally showed nil. Never knocked or anything, but
Scared the BEEJEESUS outta me. I talked to several people, including the guy
who built the engine, who said change the oil back to regular and see what
happens. I did, 10w40 QS, and the pressure came back to what it had been
previously.
VERY Strange.
Guess that some engines just don't like synthetic???

Brian S.
5? Bugeye under resto