Re: Oil Pump Priming, and Synthetic oils 2001 12:01:28 -0400

To: bugeye15@hotmail.com (brian S)
Subject: Re: Oil Pump Priming, and Synthetic oils 2001 12:01:28 -0400
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:52:13 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: rbc43@home.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Brian S-

Yeah, you've got to watch the synthetics
with "older" vehicles or vehicles produced
to wide tolerances for whatever reasons.

Synthetic film strength makes up for their
"lack" of apparent viscositty, but man, I
know what you mean when you see that
oil pressure dropping! It's a bad feeling to
be sure. Synthetics are superior in many
respects, including flowability in cold
weather initial start, but I go with the thickest multi-grade synthetic
I can find,
taking "seasonal" temps into consderation.

After reading Vizard's article on Oil Extreme (www.motortecmag.com)
I went "over" to their 20-50 for summer
use, which I fortify a bit (only in summer)
with a little Penzoil 60 race stuff, just
because I like to see the higher pressure,
though this synthetic probably doesn't
need this fortification in thickness at all.

Makes me "feel better", though!!

Cap'n. Bob
    '61 :{)