Re: broken stud

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com
Subject: Re: broken stud
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 14:27:51 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Tommy,
         The easiest way is to buy a stud extractor. This looks like a
socket, but has several cams inside that lock onto the stud. hey come in
different size with little latitude for diameter. They work great. Another
method is threading 2 nuts on the stud, then jamming them tight against
each other and with an open end wrench unscrewing the bottom one, closest
to the head. Liberal applications of intense heat helps too. I recommend
MAPP gas for your propane torch.
         Good luck.   Peter C
====