Re: ANTI - SEIZE - (was Re: Exhaust to Manifold Bolts?

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, nosimport@mailbag.com, chuckc@attglobal.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ANTI - SEIZE - (was Re: Exhaust to Manifold Bolts?
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:19:44 -0700 (PDT)
--- DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> Wish I could see Ron's eyes when he tells us this so
> I could tell whether he
> is BSing us or not

No-no- VERY serious.  I was in a meeting yesterday and
we were going over the assembly of a variable
pressure-regulating shut off valve for the F-16
aircraft that we are building.  The temps in the valve
(made of Inconel)are 1245 Fahrenheit.  We had
Mil-A-907 anti seize called out, and my boss redlined
it scribbled in "milk of mag".  It was a very tense
meeting, and I thought he was stepping out of
character and messing with us.  But he was dead
serious, and I was one of the few in the room that had
not heard of milk of magnesia being used as
anti-seize.  Apparently the other stuff has some
grease in it which breaks down at extreme temps and
can coke in the threads.  And the stuff is what you
use out of the blue bottle in your pharmacy.  It will
also serve double duty if working on your car gives
you an ulcer, I guess!

=====
Ron Soave

The optimist says the glass is half full.
The pessimist says the glass is half empty.
The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
The British car owner says it's leaking.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/