Acc' Pump jets

To: gjbranch@mediaone.net, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Acc' Pump jets
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:56:24 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
When you look in your rear view mirror and see black smoke when you hit the
accelerator pedal you know the pump jets are toooo big.

If just adding petrol alone produced more power everyone would be pulling on
the choke lever for a bit of extra zip.

What is good is what is right and with fueling a car will run anywhere
between about 18:1 air fuel right down to about 5:1.  I forget what is best
for economy (it doesn't interest me) but around 11:1 is best for power.  If
you change any jet size such that you 'cross the peak' (eg: 11:1) you go down
the other side to less power (eg: 5:1).

Really you should be looking at the main jets.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 04/08/01 08:04:08 Pacific Daylight Time,