Re: My blues

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My blues
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 21:03:38 -0400
Well, I got the engine out.

Just about everything I touch for the cooling system is rotten.  Every hose
has black gunk coming out of it.  Every aluminum piece is corroded.  The
outlet coming down from the head into that little hose to the water pump is
about half the length that it should be.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/dirty_thumb_and_elbow.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/water_pump.jpg

For some reason, I like this photo:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/floating_bonnet.jpg

All four cylinders are sleeved.  I really had no idea that they would be
that close together.  It seems to me that they are touching.

I have 2.5 spridgets with 1.5 engines and nothing running.  I should have my
head examined.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
'65 RHD BRG AH Sprite
'67 RHD red MG Midget < aka: Miss Marple >