Oil Pressure Light

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure Light
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 22:31:42 EDT
Strangest thing.  I ran down the interstate in my Midget yesterday.  Ran
about 70 MPH, which translates to 4000 rpm, for about 10 miles.   When I left
the interstate at the exchange and stopped at the stop sign my oil light came
on.  When I revved the engine it went out, then when I let off the gas and
went back to idle it came on again. Revved again and it went out.   Stoplight
changed and I drove to my destination, then back home up the Interstate
without the light ever coming on again.  I am driving it to work
tomorrow--about 30 miles one way.  I will keep a sharp eye on the oil
pressure light.

Any ideas as to what is happening there?  Short in the warning system?  Temp
guage stayed cool all the time.

--David C.