Re: Midget 1500 Parts Needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget 1500 Parts Needed
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 19:03:25 -0400
The starter on the 1500 is well below the steering column and fuel
pump.  The air injection stuff and oil filter are at the front of the
engine, so they don't interfere.

Pull the air intake for the heater.  Undo two bolts and pull the
distributor, go underneath and undo the bottom nut on the starter.  Back
up top, undo the top nut, slide the starter back and pull it out
vertically through the space the distributor previously occupied.

"Installation is the reverse of removal."

You might have to mount the Isuzu starter 180 degrees different from on
an A series, but I don't think space is an issue.  I'll let you know for
sure when my starter finally croaks.  (Which may be a while, I just put
new brushes in it and polished the commutator.)

Chris K.