Re: Oregon Trip, Rendevous 2001

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oregon Trip, Rendevous 2001
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:26:06 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/01 3:13:58 PM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< That amazes me because my first Bugeye was Neveda Beige with a red
interior. My vintage racer was (I believe) originally Neveda beige and my
other Bugeye (project) was definately Neveda Beige with a red interior.
Mike Maclean's car was originally too. My impression was it was actually
very popular(?) >>

Hi Larry and Gerard.  What I should have said is that ours was the only one I
have spotted since the 60's.  For some reason, there do seem to be a lot of
surviving originally Nevada Beiges around that have been painted over.  They
only made them for a year.  At any rate, until last year I did not have what
I considered a reliable spotting of  an original or restoration one other
than my own.  Now I have 2 more.  Maybe they will all be at Healey
International in 2002.

I inadvertantly fibbed about the Sprite Spree.  It's really in Carlisle
Pennsylvania probably.  April or May 2003 is a fair guess.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)