Re: ugliest sar ever built?

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com
Subject: Re: ugliest sar ever built?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:54:42 -0500
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 16:28:42 -0400 Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com writes:
> If this belongs to anyone on the list I apologize
> But this has got to be the butt ugliest car ever built

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5941158
43&tc=photo6314

I've seen this one for sale before.  What the ad doesn't say is that the
car was built as a "styling excercise" by a student in the last few
years.  I think I recall that the designer entered it into some kind of
contest.  I think calling it "rare" is deceiving.  It is a one-off,
certainly, but so is any other car that you rebody yourself.

"This car spend most of his life in collectors hands" is also a bit
deceiving.  Since the car is essentially only a few years old and anyone
that owned it could be called a "collector."  If I recall, it was
previously for sale for about $12k.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD