Re: A Dumb Question for BN!/2 Owners

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Dumb Question for BN!/2 Owners
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 02:17:56 EDT
 Curt:

You are correct.  Although they have the same TPI they do not have the same
pitch.  You can get away with switching them in steel but aluminum gets
unforgiving very quickly.  Up though the late 60's Bosch spark plugs had the
standard number of threads but a different pitch.  We ruined the spark plug
holes on an aluminum head switching between Bosch and American spark plugs.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Mk III Sprite (still in boxes)