Re: ugliest sar ever built?x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ugliest sar ever built?x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:56:13 -0400
There are so many possible smarta$$ comebacks to the phrase "understand
and appreciate" when applied to this car, that I'm stunned into silence
by the possibilities.

However, I think you've captured the issue.  Of course you wouldn't
drive it.  It is no longer a >>car<<, it is an "objet d'art", and will
certainly be purchased by someone for whom owning the most unique
"objet" is worth the price paid.  No matter how ridiculous the concept
(or the violence it does to both an MGA and art deco as a design form).

Is it the ugliest car ever constructed?  Probably not.  Not because it
isn't ugly, but because it isn't a car any longer...

Chris K.

P.S. I note from the description that the body is steel over a 3/4"
tubular space frame, attached to the MGA frame at 8 points.  That means
it could be a simple matter to remove and discard the shall and liberate
the car struggling to take to the open road...