Re: vasectomy ( no lbc )

To: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vasectomy ( no lbc )
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:12:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/2001 8:48:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:

> A few friends gathered.  I had heard  that one of my friends had just had a
> vasectomy.  Before he could tell me, I said something to the effect of:  I
> heard that you are considering a vasectomy.  I wouldn't do that if I were
> you.  Sure you can technically have sex without fear of reproduction, but by
> doing so, you also reduce your attractiveness to the opposite sex.  I
> explained that a lot of our animal magnetism is determined by scents
> pheramoans (sp) ) that our bodies exude through certain glands and are
> perceived by others through receptors deep in our noses.  By disconnecting
> these things, you are prohibiting the release of the main source of the hese
> pheramoans.  Sure you can have sex more often technically, but in
> practicality, it ain't gonna happen that way!
>
> I don't usually expect people to believe me, but I guess I hit a sore spot.
> I saw his face fall in a depressed sort of expression and realized that I
> shouldn't have given ths spiel.  I told him that I was just kidding, and he
> said that it had sounded convincing.  He did not recover quickly.  If I ever
> repeat the spiel, it wil be to someone that I do not like.

LOLOL--You sound like someone who can spin a tale at the drop of a  hat and
keep it going. A true gift.  I always liked to tell the kids (high school and
middle school) tales when I took them to backcountry--one of my favorites was
to take a Power Bar, or similar granola bar,  pull bits off it and roll them
up kind of elongated and pointed at the end and lay them on the trail.  Then
we would "happen" upon them with the group of kids.  I would point out that
we had just stumbled on the feces of a rare owl, and you could identify that
owl by tasting the feces, which I would do.  The looks on their faces has
always been memorable. LOL  And especially when I give them the opportunity
to taste them.

----David C.