Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My old car (No LBC, and way off topic)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:50:35 -0400
On Monday 13 August 2001 03:39 pm, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
> "The suit challenged Ford's placement of the thick film ignition module,
> which regulates electric current to the spark plugs. In 300 makes and
> models sold between 1983 and 1995, the module was mounted on the
> distributor near the engine block, where it was exposed to high
> temperatures.

Well, it's about time something was done about this! My dad had a used
Mercury Lynx (same as an Escort) in the late eighties. Only had the car a
year or two, and went through at least two of these modules in that time as I
recall. Said at the time it was getting way too hot. I know he talked about
mounting the thing somewhere else and extending the wires, but I don't
remember if he ever actually did that or not.

That and a brand new Taurus (that cracked it's pistons in about 6 months)
around the same time coupled with horrible customer service (from the local
dealer up through the Ford HQ complaint line) is why my family has sworn off
Fords forever.

Eddie
1971 Midget