Re: State of current British cars

To: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: State of current British cars
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:57:52 -0400
On Tuesday 14 August 2001 12:24 am, Greg Gowins wrote:
> What am I getting at?  Well, I guess what I'm saying is that if you are
> looking to get a new car, take a look at the grandsons of our Spridgets.
> They compare quite well to the cars coming out of Japan, Germany, and
> the good ole' USA.  That's definitely a change from the past.  I know
> I'm saving my pennies to get a 4.0 S-type!

I would love too! They're just a bit too expensive for me though. I've kind
of sworn off brand new cars anyway. I usually look for things 3+ years old.
Came close to buying a used Land Rover a few years back instead of the
Caravan we have, but wasn't too sure about the reliability at the time. In
all honestly the van is probably better with the kids right now anyway.
What's probably a good breakpoint year for recent British cars - the year
that they started getting good again?

I keep telling my wife I'm going to get rid of the van and get a late 70's
Rolls that a place nearby has for 15,000! ;-)

Eddie
1971 Midget