Lucas ACR alternators

To: davriker@pacbell.net, fpixley@kingston.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, derfman@eatel.net
Subject: Lucas ACR alternators
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:47:04 EDT
The Lucas ACR range of alternators went way over 35 Amps with AFAIK an
identical external appearance.  I would need to check but I think they did
stuff that went up into the 50 or even 60 Amp range (eg the stuff on Jags).

I also think that given OE fit Lucas Alternators are getting on for 30 years
old irrespective of mileage it is obvious that they aren't going to last for
ever.  Are GM alternators better?  I doubt it especially ones designed 30
years ago.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 13/08/01 21:59:38 Pacific Daylight Time,