Soft tops x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soft tops x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:10:26 -0400
Cloth tops
My thanks to all those who have contributed to the
list their experienced with the fabric top. I was
seriously contemplating a fabric top and tonneau
cover because I like the texture but in view of the info
obtained from listerst Ive decided to keep my old top.

I still have my original vinyl top and tonneau cover since
my Bugeyes  resurrection from the grave 21 years ago.
Its tan color and pin dot fabric like appearance having
been exposed to some of the hottest weather, rains and
Florida's worse windy storms seems as good as new and the
window has only a barely noticeable tint.

Although I try to keep the top down as much as possible,
when traveling on extended rides in the sun the top
stays up. Ive had enough experience with the sun to know
that medical people are not kidding when warning about
skin cancer.  I drove a BJ8 for 13 years as my primary
transportation mostly with the top down and as result have
had three cancers removed from my face to show for it.

Ive been thinking of having a Bugeye top made that has a
zip-out window.   It seems logical to me that it should work.
I know where there is a 100-4 with a zip-out window so
why not a Bugeye?  Does anyone know of this having been
done before?