Now roadsters was: RE: Future M@ss restoration frustrations

To: <GreenBugeye@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now roadsters was: RE: Future M@ss restoration frustrations
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:27:28 -0700 m>
In the numerous Toyota mr2-s vs. Miata tests out there this is the one area
where the Toyota whooped the Miata. Toyota knew that was one of the
weaknesses of the Miata (well all convertibles actually. The z3 is even
worse!) and made their convertible the stiffist on the market suposedly.
(That's why it has kind of an ugly boxy look to it :P) I test drove one... I
was impressed. Fun... but not a Spridget feeling at all. Its way more of a
go-kart feel than a spridget. Zero body roll. (Actually I think there was
more front to back body roll than side to side roll! The wheelbase is VERY
square) I couldn't get it to unstick from the road during my test of it,
except when I fish tailed :P Rear engine is fun! just different! I would get
one if I could afford it. Might get an older first generation mr2 in a few
years.

Toby