Bonnet Release

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet Release
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 13:19:07 -0700
Just got in from a drive. Stopped and talked to a guy with
a '71 Midget he wanted to work on. Problem is, bonnet closed
AFTER release cable broke. I know I've read of a fix for this
somewhere; just can't remember. You guyz got a solution?

I most definitely am NOT a "guy", but I might be able to help with this.
If you reach up through the left front wheel well, you should be able to
reach the broken off portion of the cable and pull it enough to release
the catch. It does help if you are something of a contortionist.
Kate