RE: Where's my refund?

To: "'derf'" <derfman@eatel.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Where's my refund?
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:44:10 -0700
Hello listers,

I was waiting for this topic to come up.  Here's a little fact Gee Dub
and the folks in Warshington don't want you to know:

The check isn't a refund of taxes already paid, it's an advance on next
year's refund.

Yep, that's right.  If you and the missus get a check for $600, and come
next April 15th, if you do your taxes and come out even, you've got to
send $600 right back to Washington.  If you were supposed to get a $300
refund, you end up getting to send $300 to them.

Kinda of a bummer, isn't it.

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA