Leaky bleeding valves

To: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky bleeding valves
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
 After overhauling the brakes in my 1979 Midget I ran into a problem when
bleeding the system.  The screw threads of the bleeding valves leaked a lot
of fluid if I unscrewed the valves to the recommended amount of turn. I
don't remember this happening before. This even happened with two new drum
brake slave cylinders.  It was worst from one of my calipers that I
overhauled, including removing and cleaning the bleed screw and aperature.

 The least amount of trouble was from the caliper that I overhauled without
removing the bleed screw. (I forgot.) I infer that the accumulated crud
around the screw threads of this bleed screw prevented brake fluid leaks.

So, is there some goo that is safe to spread on brake bleed screws that acts
like road gunk?

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/