Re: Safety was State of current British cars

To: <Ankitterer@aol.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety was State of current British cars
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 06:06:29 -0400
This reminds me of that Spitfire commercial from about 76 or so, about the
time the Sabrina bumpers were put on it. They show the Spit doing varius
"amazing" things, mostly toodling around with the top off. Then the
announcer say "Lets see how the Spitfire handles running into a wall at 50
mph" They show a brick wall and the spit screaming at it. At the last second
the car zooms around the side of the wall. The screen goes all white with
the words "At British Leyland, We aim to miss" One of the best commercials I
remember from that day and age.

Well It has real LBC content, even if it is a Spit ;-)

Larry

On 8/17/01 7:21 PM, "Ankitterer@aol.com" <Ankitterer@aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 8/16/01 9:36:27 PM, tob.sprite.landcruiser@home.com writes:
>
> << >> Safer? Wanna go head on with a 49 Packard? >
>
> Nope.  However, the fact that our Spridgets are much more responsive than
> most cars makes it a whole lot easier to avoid going head on with anything.
> We have driven our way out of many accidents that would have spelled disaster
> for us and our car because some "49 packard" lumbered onto a dark road
> without his lights and kept driving that way for a half mile til we caught up
> with him at 60 mph.  It isn't the car, it is the people who drive them.  On a
> couple of occasions we have found it necessary to pull 180's just to avoid
> some dumbbell who "couldn't see that little bitty thing".

<SNIPED>>

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget