CANCELED! - PALO ALTO BRITISH MEET

To: rolls-bentley@autox.team.net
Subject: CANCELED! - PALO ALTO BRITISH MEET
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:42:08 -0700 (PDT)
THE 2001 PALO ALTO BRITISH CAR MEET - CANCELED!!!

Dear California British car enthusiasts,

It is with an extremely heavy heart that we have to inform you that the
23rd Annual Palo Alto British Car Meet, scheduled for Sept. 9th, is being
canceled for this year.  On August 20th, Caltrans, the California State
highway board, informed the City of Palo Alto department of Parks &
Recreation that they would be tearing up the El Camino Real and closing off
El Camino Park from the street starting Sept. 1st. As the park is backed by
railroad tracks and their are no other entrances that could handle 600+
cars or trailers and equipment, there seems no way around the certain chaos
and confusion and we have opted for cancellation.

There was no way to comfortably use the park and little time to relocate
the meet (barely enough time to cancel it!) we have been forced to cancel
the Sunday car show. We will be back next year, possibly with a new
location. We are truly sorry and hope that you understand this unfortunate
turn of events. Please tell all of your British car owning friends so we
don't have a bunch of people show up to an empty park.

Sincerely,

Rick Feibusch & The British Car Meet Staff