Can't Win For Losing... The Saga Continues!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Can't Win For Losing... The Saga Continues!
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:47:47 -0700
Left  to pick up my son at school this afternoon in the Bugeye in 100
degree temperature.  The Bugeye ran at about 195 to 200 degrees if I
kept moving just as I predicted.  Got about half way there and the car
just quit!  Acted like it was out of gas.  I didn't think so so.  I had
stopped next to an orange grove, so I went and cut a stick off a tree to
dip the tank as my gas gauge is a joke.  Tank is at least half full.
Went to the engine compartment and looked at the clear plastic filter
just after the mechanical fuel pump I just had apart yesterday and it
was dry!  I tried to pump some fuel by pushing on the manual lever at
the bottom of the pump.  It made noise like there was no gas to pump.
Possibly something in the line between the tank and the pump or right at
the pickup in the tank.  Later I will remove the tank line at the pump
and blow air from my compressor into the line.  If I take the gas cap
off, will this be enough to keep the tank from bulging when I do this?
If that doesn't work, off comes the supercharger again to get at the
fuel pump.  Oh well.
Mike maculae Supercharged 60 Sprite