Re: My Fault Again!

To: Michael Lupynec <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Subject: Re: My Fault Again!
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:16:47 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,
     Don't worry, it only cost me $45 today to fix the stripped hole for
the pump cover screw.  The HeliCoil kit cost $41.50, the 13/64 drill bit
was $1.80 and a 1/4" drive 12 point 1/2" socket at Sears to remove the
pump from the block, $2.14.  You need a Helicoil kit for 10/32 thread
repair because the tap required for the HeliCoil spring is a thread
called 10/32 STI.  Not a regular tap thread tool.  Of course for 41
bucks and change they don't include the correct size drill bit for the
tap and I did not have an 11/64ths drill bit so it had to be purchased
for this job.  To remove the fuel pump without going to the added work
of removing the supercharger for access, I went to Sears looking for
some kind of thin walled 1/2" socket.  They don't specifically sell thin
wall sockets, but I found that 12 point 1/4" drive sockets to be the
thinnest wall socket that they sell.  Fortunately it fits the left nut
perfectly and just gives enough grip on the right nut (if held at and
angle) to tighten it up sufficiently.  So as I read over the days e
mails I am making a new gasket to re-install the fuel pump tonight.
Looking forward to a nice night time test drive.
Mike the Ham Handed Mechanic MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite