Fw: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 00:14:33 -0400
I saw the same show or one very much like it. The chest in question was a
Queen Anne Highboy that was manufactured in New England and was from a very
collectable period. The purists want them to be "in the black" and pay
outrageous $$$ for original pieces. The manufacturer put a black
preservative on the wood similar to a paint.

As for Brad's LL wheel. It is a rare piece because of the slots instead of
the holes... Restoring it would only add to its value, not detract. I've had
a few LL wheels and the better they look, the more valuable they are.

BTW, in the mid 60s they sold new for $110.

Kent

Subject: Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)