Re: 25D vs. Centrifugal

To: JRLNJ@aol.com
Subject: Re: 25D vs. Centrifugal
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:40:59 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
JRLNJ@aol.com wrote:

> I bought a Bugeye not long ago, that has a distributor with no vacuum
> advance, centrifugal only.  There is a 25D distributor, with a working vacuum
> advance, in the box of spares with the car.
> Should I change to the 25D with vacuum advance?  Why?

I would not change it.
You have a 23D, it is the Cooper S dizzy fitted as standard to the Copper S
Minis. It was also standard issue on the 67 Sprites and Midgets only.
Many people want that dizzy! It is much better than the vacuum units.
I even like it much better than the dual point Mallory.

--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ