Re: Help - New Restoration

To: "Bud & Denise Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help - New Restoration
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:16:06 -0700
Bud,

White smoke is indicative of water in the combustion and yes, the head
gasket is usually the culprit. Did you check your water and oil for
evidence of the fluid that doesn't belong? Usually you will find evidence
of water in the oil and also consensation under the oil filler cap. Check
that too.

Did you follow the correct torque specs and torque sequence? The head
should be retorqued after a few startup-warmup-cooldowns. I also recently
had the experience of a new head gasket not sealing correctly because of
the way it was constructed. When you remove yours, check that all the
opening seal are flush with the rest of the gasket. Also check the new one
you get.

FYI, Blue smoke is oil, black smoke is too rich of a fule mixture.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints