Meat-fest absence (was Re: Bumperless)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Meat-fest absence (was Re: Bumperless)
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 19:54:01 -0700 (PDT)
--- JustBrits <justbrits@home.com> wrote:
> <<Thickos - wish I'd made Meatfest today. >>
>
> Nah, Ron.  The Head Egotistical Idiot was probably
> there.  Why bother??

Oh, that idiot who spend hundreds (thousands?) of
bucks every race on food, drink, tents, music, tee
shirts for the kids, and "miscellany" while trying to
attend to his own race car?  The moron who's
hospitality and generosity (not to mention kick-ass
driving) got several of my friends who will never own
a British car in their lives to attend every regional
event and support the VSCDA?  The guy who has me
peering into to barns and backshops everywhere to find
a decent car so I can have him instruct me next spring
at Blackhawk?  The guy who always takes the time to
"high five" my kids, even when he's on the starting
grid with low oil pressure?  The one who cordially
invited (and re-invited) my brother whom he'd never
met to sit in with his band and play guitar?

Yeah, better I didn't waste time with a jerk like
that.

=====
Ron Soave

"It ain't women that kill a ballplayer.  It's stayin' up all night lookin' for
'em that does."
- Casey Stengel