rubber lube

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: rubber lube
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:37:03 -0000
hey , man , no kidding the stuff exists in the tire industry !   it's used
to lubricate the tires beads to allow them to slip on the rim easier.   the
stuff we used was called ru-glyde.  it was a greenish liquid applied with a
cotton swab aplicator .  the stuff worked like a charm!   i have also seen a
white-ish looking paste that comes as in a solid form in a bucket and is
applied with a brush that is similar looking to a parts cleaning brush .
the stuff goes on looking white and is designed to disappear after a bit of
time.   another old fashioned rubber lubricant from my free flight airplane
days was glycerine right from the drug store.   comes in small quantities
and is readily available at most drug stores.  so go and shop freely amongst
yourselves......i'm verklempt.

chuck.
so like that's my story and i'm sticking to it!................   :)