Re:Major tuning question WAS: Basic tuning questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Major tuning question WAS: Basic tuning questions
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:28:53 -0400
Hopefully that's all it is. My 1275 motor had a similar history. Then I
started smelling antifreeze. Then I noticed the antifreeze was coming out
the exhaust.

Which leads me to a question. Being a new Spridget owner, are the 1275's
prone (or more prone) to head gasket failure, cracked heads, or what? I'm
hoping to replace the engine with either a Mazdo rotary or a BOP 215, but
hadn't planned to do it this soon. If it's just the head gasket I'd probably
fix it this weekend.

<dnw>
1972 Midget
1998 Safari