Re: The state of the list (and listers)

To: SixtyOneMG@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The state of the list (and listers)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 21:50:37 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/2001 9:42:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
SixtyOneMG@hotmail.com writes:

> The chat list
> involves everything from street racing to people looking for hotter cams or
> just talking about stuff (like you guys do with cats and zappa).  The tech
> list is moderated and only pertinent questions or notes will be let through.
> I know it would be hard to moderate our list but might we look into a
> similar dual list setup?

I really don't think that is needed.  The list is the list. I have gained
and, I hope, provided a great deal of technical information on this list,
plus I have enjoyed the humanity of the list.  And I have always taken the
tack that people come and people go as they wish. If someone wishes to make a
personal decision to vacate, I respect that decision and hope that maybe they
will return.  But the basic volume of knowledge and willingness to help still
exists, and will continue to exist, regardless of who decides to leave for
whatever reason, and who decides to stay.  I have always said that those who
want ONLY tech stuff should curl up with a good, cold, inhuman shop manual.

--David C.