Re: Electric Fan

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Electric Fan
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 07:24:32 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "Vrba, Dave" <Dave.Vrba@am.sony.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
--- Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I miss Frank alot myself. But
> Senior Soave is our list tech
> on the radiators. Ron, what say
> thee....................??

I say I can't get the damn air out of the brakes on my
new Midget.

The way the "ducting" is on our cars, there will
definitely be better flow behind the rad (make any
sort of a decent shroud you can).  For the techminded,
behind the rad the flow through the fins will be more
laminar, with a lower pressure drop.  For a control
for the electric fan it obviously needs to be a
thermal switch - if you have a downflow rad and a 1275
head you'd have 2 tapoffs for temperature.

Back to my brake fluid woes...

=====
Ron Soave

"It ain't women that kill a ballplayer.  It's stayin' up all night lookin' for
'em that does."
- Casey Stengel