The Prince of Darkness Strikes Again...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The Prince of Darkness Strikes Again...
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 21:23:12 -0700
Went out this evening to take my son to pick up some fast food and
decided to take the Bugeye.  Got in and started her up, no problem.
Backed out of the driveway and started to drive away and noticed the red
ignition warning light in the speedo did not go out at 1000 rpm.  In
fact, It did not go out at any rpm!  Thought I might have a broken fan
belt, but since I drive my tachometer off the rear of the generator and
the tach was working I knew that was not it.  I turned around and pulled
back into the garage and shut her down.  All fault diagnosis charts in
Haynes and otherwise point to the generator.  I took a cursory look
under the bonnet and saw nothing.  I guess the generator gets tested
tomorrow.  If it is not putting out, out it comes for further
inspection.  Yes Ed, she is "talking" to me and telling me to name her.
Another vie for attention.  Maybe I should try tough love and drive her
battery down! ;^)
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite