Back to "normal"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Back to "normal"
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:47:22 EDT
I have a regular squash game on Wednesday mornings. Never spoke to my
partner. While I was not really up for it, I went over to the club just to
see if he was there and also so that he wouldn't worry about me. Almost
everyone I know is OK. One woman from the neighborhood who worked at the WTC
is unaccounted for.
The walk to the club crosses Atlantic Avenue, which is the heart of the Arab
community in New York. Usually this is a thriving market place, today stores
boarded up, a ghost town.
I spoke to a volunteer doing triage at the local hospital and he told me that
there were many Arabs brought in that had been beaten up.
While outside the hospital there was a stream of people carrying pictures of
family members that they were looking for.
Going out to give blood now.
Can't really absorb what is going on around me.

David Oliner