Re: Armed Airlines...no LBC

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, wolfbj@prodigy.net, RBHouston@aol.com, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Armed Airlines...no LBC
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:22:08 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I do the same David.

Back in the mid-eighties, my wife and I traveled to Japan and Okinawa.
While passing through one of the airports (I think it was Osaka), I was
asked to remove the contents of my pockets when going through the security
check. The one I carried at that time was a very small compact one (blade
was maybe 1.5"-2"). It was inspected very carfully. I thought they were
going to confiscate it from the look on the guys face. He handed it bvack
to me and instructed me NOT to remove it from my pocket while on the plane!
A few weeks ago, I picked my daughter up at the airport with a slightly
larger pocket knife and, like you, placed it in the basket. no problem.
But, that WON'T happen anymore, you can count on it. I think even long time
airport employees will be heavily scrutinized from now on.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints