Was Prediction - Read On

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Prediction - Read On
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:25:37 -0400
Happens that my brother-in-law sent this today. It sorta puts the kybosh on
the other!

Kent

Rumor Watch: Terrorist Attacks on U.S.

Part 2: Did Nostradamus Predict the Tragedy?

 More of this Feature
. Part 1: Rumor Watch

I have no doubt that some will seriously claim that the 16th-century prophet
Nostradamus predicted the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks in his
writings - such claims follow virtually every modern disaster - but one
quatrain already being circulated under Nostradamus' name is demonstrably
bogus. Example:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great
leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus
1654

Unfortunately, Nostradamus died in 1566, so it's rather unlikely he wrote
this passage in 1654. It's not to be found in his published oeuvre. It's a
hoax. The verse apparently originated on a Web page entitled "A Critical
Analysis of Nostradamus," written several years ago by a student named Neil
Marshall. Marshall made up the quatrain to demonstrate - quite ironically,
in
light of how it is now being misused - that the writings of Nostradamus are
so cryptic that they can be interpreted to mean almost anything. Oh, and of
all the possible candidates for a "City of God" in the modern world,
shouldn't New York City rate among the least likely? Two metal birds? An
interesting variant of the faux prophecy was posted in the newsgroup
soc.culture.palestine under the heading "They followed his prediction":

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by
Chaos,while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb''The third
big war will begin when the big city is burning'- Nostradamus 1654 ...on the
11 day of the 9 month that...two metal birds would crash into two tall
statues...in the new city..and the world will end soon after"  "From the
book
of Nostradamus"

Anyone else want to have a go?

Subject: Prediction