Re: My Question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: trev9@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 06:19:50 EDT
In a message dated 9/13/2001 11:30:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
trev9@earthlink.net writes:

> We already have at least one member of the list who is having
> reservations because of fear that a sibling might get hurt.  War is a
> dirty business and the only way to play the game is to win and to
> win you have got to pay a price.  The question is how much are we
> willing to pay?

True Roy.  I don't disagree with anything you have written. I have a 20 year
old son--he is a musician and about as far from a fighter as you can get--a
really neat, clean kid.  I would hate to see  him have to go to battle.  I
suppose you have to do whatever the times dictate, just as we were thinking
as we crouched around the TV sets during the Cuban missle crisis hoping those
Russian ships would turn.  Because we knew that if they didn't  most of us
would soon be in uniform.  One consolation, I think today's warfare is much
different than it was then--much less likely to throw live troops at the
enemy until after the area is "neutralized" by other means, witness the Gulf
War.

But still, some ground action would be necessary, even given the air power,
if this thing is not resolved before that happens.  And live American
soldiers will be exposed.  I pray that would never be necessary, but it
might.  As always, freedom and the right to it is not cheap, and has been
paid for time and time again in the harshest way.  We just have to trust that
our leaders make the proper choices, and I think they will.  Having the
support of virtually the rest of the world is encouraging.

--DAvid C.

BTW-- Roy, Looks like I will not be able to get to the Southeastern Classic.
Several reasons, but it looks difficult.  Sorry I will miss you there.