1275 lift points/msg for Rick Fisk

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 lift points/msg for Rick Fisk
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:09:19 -0600
Hi,
I took some time tonight to play with my newly rebuilt engine.  I bolted on
the starter while the engine was sitting on the bench and cranked it over to
check that it was pumping oil...and yes it is all over my floor so that is
good news.  Installed a new pilot bushing and bolted on the preasure
plate/disk.  Tomorrow i'm going to try to get the transmission bolted up,
also running into town to rent a engine hoist.  Which brings me to my
question:

Where is the best places to attach a lift chain on a 1275?  I do not have
any thing to attach it with right now, I may have to manufacture some
brackets i'm not sure; any good pointers here?  Any thing I need to watch
out for on the install??  This car was already in 20 boxes when I got it, so
i've never pulled or installed one of these (although i've installed many
other engines in other cars).  I will be installing the tranny dry and with
the drive shaft.  I do not have any fenders or the front cowl in place
either.  So if there is a hidden "gotcha" i'd love to knew them.   Thanks
alot to all you "brains" on the list.

And for Rick Fisk, have a safe drive from DFW to OKC, give us a call when
you get in.  We may stab the engine in on sunday give us a call if you are
here by then.  405-392-2605 or 392-2799 or 574-6197.

PS:
 working on the car tonight with my father in-law was very theraputic to say
the least.  It got us out of in front of the tv for a few hours and gave us
something to concentrate on.