Re: Dr Seuss Revisited--In My Words--No LBC

To: toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dr Seuss Revisited--In My Words--No LBC
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:55:14 EDT
Interesting Brad.  Being a sometime poet, I occasionally feel moved to put
pen to paper and express the thoughts scampering through my head.  As I
watched the procedings of the disaster yesterday morning on TV, I picked up
paper and pen and completed this one.  I was rather surprised with what
emerged, as this is not really my style of writing.  --David C.

             THE TITAN

The Titan cried
As his brothers died.
He wept upon kneeling-knee.

But tears not lost,
Amix feelings of cost,
The Titan rose, that he could see.

He leveled his gaze
Upon the faraway maze.
With vengeance amass in his heart.

He sifted the scene
Through a fine-mesh screen,
To shake out the villains at-large.

And once he had cried
That his brothers had died,
The Titan lashed out with a roar.

His lightning did sear,
His thunder placed fear
Into the heart of the whore.

His cloud spat a rain
Of most sizzling pain
And the villain, the whore, was no more.

For the ash of his wrath
Choked the breath from the last,
And stumbled the Villain's "god" to it's knees.

All the world singing,
Freedom's bells ringing,
The Titan's name wisps on the breeze.

Now the Titan's free child
May sleep with a smile,
That the Villain has suffered defeat.

Now Freedom rings loud,
Freedom's children sing proud,
For the Titan's Victory, now complete.

    Copyright,  September 15, 2001 by David Campbell, Andersonville,
Tennessee,
    upon contemplation of the final outcome of the terrorist attacks upon the
     World Trade Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.