inner tie rod joint wear/damage

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: inner tie rod joint wear/damage
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:49:14 -0400
Does anyone have a protocol for determining whether the inner tie rod
joint components are worn or damaged? None of my manuals describe
anything; they just tell the reader to check for wear. Thanks, and
I'll remember to buy low and sell high next time.

I realize that these parts are not that expensive individually, but
the cost does add up, as does the time it takes to (possibly
needlessly) tear-down and rebuild.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu