Re: Oil Pressure Problem Solved?

To: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Problem Solved?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:11:22 EDT
In a message dated 09/19/2001 12:24:09 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
macleans@earthlink.net writes:

> .  I will try this experiment again tomorrow during the
> day in warmer weather and see what the results are, but so far it looks
> promising.
> Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite

Mike...can you say STP?

I made many an old car smoke a little less, and run a little longer with this
stuff, or "Golden Motor Honey"...but all it is, is really heavy weight oil.
If you are running 10W30, try switching to 20W50.  Or straight 50W as an old
friend with a Vega used to do.

Heck, if the additive helps you get an extra year or two out of the engine
before a necessary rebuild, go for it!

Be sure to keep up the periodic oil changes and don't just keep adding stuff
though.  Way back when I was young and the dinosaurs roamed the earth, we
tore down a friend of my dad's 61 Buick, that had been eating quarts of STP
for some time, and when we tried to drain the oil, it would not come out!
When we pulled the pan you could stand the dip stick up in the gunk that was
in the pan!

R Houston
...there is no glory in dying for your country.  The glory is in making the
other guy die for his!  G. Patton