Rev limiter rotor arm

To: nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f8LJ6JP06026
Subject: Rev limiter rotor arm
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:06:09 EDT
Hi list,

Just received in the post a brand new Jaguar distributor rev limter rotor
arm.  I paid #2.75 inc postage for it which I think is a good deal because
they are about #15+ new.  No, I don't have a Jag or even a Jag engine I just
wanted the rotor arm because it was a bargain, not that my wife understands a
bargain that isn't clothes!

I suppose one reason I wanted it was because having seen one as a kid (I
worked Saturday mornings from age 12 onwards in a classic jag
restorers/racers) many many years later when I told someone about it I was
put down as talking out of my arse by some obvious fu** -wit.  Anytime I meet
a similiar type of person I can show them the proof and thereby demonstrate
their utter and total ignorance.  Not, for not knowing such an items exists
but for deriding a person for suggesting that it didn't simply because they
had never seen one.

The I have is marked 2,700 rpm (distributor) so cuts out at 5,400 engine rpm.
 I guess all I need now is a distributor testing machine so I can play with
it.  For example it has 2 screws in the end weight and I would bet money that
if it only had one the cut out limit  would increase to 6,500 rpm and higher
still with none.  In fact I might check this point out with Aldon Automotive.

There is another one on Uk e-bay going for buy now at #2.75.

Daniel1312